Monday, October 06, 2008

Is It Time For Something New?


Well... I was really upset when Mysterious Universe left the air. Benjamin Grundy was great with his Ozzie accent and he kept everything new and fresh. I don't know for sure what happened. My guess is that he just got overwhelmed. It's a lot of work to keep up a site without help. I have some experience at that. I have had many contributors and some wonderful people that put forth their ideas. But in the end, I was responsible for orchestrating the whole thing. I had to learn the code for developing the web page and continue to write for the page.

And then when Kent Steadman left the earth I was very upset. Kent and I used to post things back and forth, in support of each other. He had a great site and did some heavy duty posting.

I try to keep up with some of the other folks that have interest in the same areas. I listen to Whitley Strieber's podcasts. Whitley was really quite kind to us back in the late 90's. He hosted our group on Art Bell when we were posting about the Orca.

While I have my differences with all of these fellows, I still believe they all have important contributions to make. I have my own ideas and beliefs. I think that it is very important to show respect to each other in this field. I know one post that one of our writers did, got Richard Hoagland upset at me. While I respect all of these fellows, I still believe that it's alright to have differing points of view. Else how would we ever arrive at any answers? Again, all of these folks have invaluable contributions to make to the field.

So I guess it's time to renew. I have been working very hard on renewing the TMG website and adding some very interesting items. There will be a brand new podcast. A new hard copy newsletter. And the site will have an entirely new look. I think it looks pretty darn good. But that's me... I did the developing!

The unveiling? I'm working on it. It won't be too long. Please be patient. And if you have any things you would like to especially see, please let me know. I surely appreciate all that our readers have done for us. Thank you. I hope you will come along for the ride!

Watch for the grand opening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I love your website and your blog, one of the most interesting and creative on the Net. Thanks so much for all the hard work you do and best of luck for the future! Kind regards, Magdalena (NZ)

tmg_founder said...

Magdalena,
Thank you so much for the very kind comment. It really gives me helpful energy that I need to get to work and get the "good stuff" out there to all that read us. Thank you again, you're a friend!
gary